Install Adjustable Auger Extension
Installing the Adjustable Extension
- Slide the K-Drill’s float down from top of auger, exposing the Allen bolt.
- Remove the bolt and remove the drive adapter and washer from the auger.
- Install the stem of the extension.
- Replace and tighten the bolt removed in step #2.
- Remove the bolt from extension and adjust to desired length.
- Put the bolt back in after length has been determined.
- Install the drive adapter with the washer into the top of the extension.
- Secure it with the new bolt provided.
You will notice that the extension also has a float attached. This is to account for the added weight. Do not remove this second float.
Important: When drilling through very thick ice, remember to clear the hole of the ice shavings often to prevent the auger from getting stuck in the hole.