The standard K-Drill can auger through up to 36” of ice. So when things get a bit more challenging than that, an extension can be added for ice conditions beyond three feet. The extensions can also be “stacked” if needed to create a very long ice auger.
- Slide the K-Drill’s float down, exposing the Allen bolt.
- Remove the bolt and remove the drive stem and washer.
- Install the stem of extension.
- Replace and tighten the bolt removed in step #2.
- Install the drive stem with washer into the top of extension.
- Secure it with the new bolt provided.
You will notice that the extension also has a float attached. This is to account for the added weight. Do not remove this second float.